In the recently concluded E3 2016 event, there were a lot of promising RPG games that were showcased from different companies and game developers.
Today, I want to talk about the 5 promising and upcoming RPG titles that you should look out for. These titles will be released later this year and early next year.
Let’s start the list with a Nintendo title…
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. This is number one on my list because the game is just absolutely amazing. From the graphics to the actual gameplay, there is a lot to love with this Nintendo title. The demo that was shown was actually vast and when a fan asked a Nintendo representative if this is a huge chunk of the game, the rep said that it was just a fraction of the game. And no, it’s not a big part; it is just a tiny part of the entire game. So, for people who enjoy exploration, this upcoming Legend of Zelda game will truly not disappoint.
- Final Fantasy XV. The Final Fantasy series will always be, hands down, one of the best RPG titles. Even though they dwindled a little bit with Final Fantasy XIII, developers are proud of their accomplishment with this upcoming game. Fans are dying to play the game and they wouldn’t have to wait that long because it is going to be released on September 30. Also, the game will have VR support which adds another layer of excitement for the fans of the Final Fantasy series.
- Dishonored 2. I admit, I didn’t know much about the game until Arkane Studios went to present it to the public with an incredible trailer. Basically, the game is about a character named Emily. This has some stealth-based elements to it like Assassin’s creed but she also possesses powers, unlike anyone I have ever seen. After the trailer, there were certainly a lot of fans that have cheered for the upcoming game. This game will be released on November 11, 2016.
- Horizon Zero Dawn. If you’re fond of hunting and gathering and survival in general, Horizon Zero Dawn is a good game. In the trailer that was shown at the event, you take control of a female warrior who constantly needs to battle mechanized dinosaurs in order to survive. The game has impeccable graphics and it does have the gameplay to support it.
- Skyrim: Remastered Edition. When Bethesda announced that they will remaster the Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, everyone present in the event was ecstatic. They showed us a trailer of the Remastered edition and man, the graphics were absolutely gorgeous. The remastered edition will be released on the PC and for the Xbox One and Playstation 4 game consoles.
These are the 5 RPG games to watch out for. Some of them will be released this year with the exception of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, that will be released along with Nintendo’s new game console, the Nintendo NX.